Thursday, June 27, 2013

The Simpsons Kubrick-fied or 'Kubrick in Yellow'

Well, as it's been mostly blogs about recent acquisitions(& old ones) recently, I thought I'd change it up a little today. I'm a big fan of pop culture, absolutely LOVE seeing parodies of things I love, in other things I love. So today, I bring you 'Kubrick in The Simpsons'.
Now, there was MANY MANY reference to his films & this blog could get a little long, but I'm going to try & limit myself as best as I can.
So enjoy, Kubrick in yellow.
A Clockwork Orange
Treehouse of Horror III - Episode 64

Dog of Death - Episode 54


Duffless - Episode 75


Homer the Smithers - Episode 145


Treehouse of Horror XXI - Master & Cadaver - Episode 468

The Simpsons writers do wonderful work, there's been dozens of Stanley Kubrick references throughout the years(amongst hundreds of other classic films), so here's a few of my favourites.
I'd just like to point out, this is only a small collection of the Stanley Kubrick references in The Simpsons, I've added a bunch of links at the bottom of the post for more information. Space Odyssey & The Shining is particular have MANY other references throughout the series.

Full Metal Jacket
Sweet Seymour Skinner's Baadasssss Song - Episode 100

Bart the General - Episode 5


2001: A Space Odyssey
Lisa's Pony - Episode 43


Brother, Can You Spare Two Dimes? - Episode 59




The Shining
Treehouse of Horror V - The Shinning - Episode 109








Dr. Strangelove
Homer the Vigilante - Episode 92


For additional info, more images etc. Check out some of these links(of course, youtube is also a great source):

- Actualidad Simpson: De Cine
- Movie Simpsons Tumblr
- A List of References Stanley Kubricks films in The Simpsons
- Films Spoofed by The Simpsons

No comments:

Post a Comment